× Members

PIP for ongoing period

More
4 years 8 months ago #233362 by JennyWren
PIP for ongoing period was created by JennyWren
What can I say? I was dreading getting the result of my PIP claim in the brown envelope through the door like many of you do. I had been on DLA for years at high rate for mobility and middle rate for care all due to the help of the Benfits and Work team. I knew from reading the forum that a lot of people were loosing their claims on the changeover.

I have a chronic condition and had my last DLA interview at home but this time went to a building for a face to face assessment. I went in trepidation which really stressed me out wondering what I would have to say and do and what the examiner was like. She was a nurse and very pleasant but I knew that would not guarantee a good result. I found the questions reasonably easy to answer on the whole although some were a little ambiguous. My husband was with me so actually had to help me answer one question as I didn't understand the question fully. I think by this time my brain was in overdrive! She seemed fine with him helping me. I have a problem with my short term memory and if I'm asked questions too quickly I get into difficulties, but I didn't feel hurried with this young lady.

The physical aspect went OK as I can't move around easily and once again she gave me time. She asked how long it took me to walk from the car to the front door of the offices where we were as she knew how far it was. It took me a bit longer than anticipated as it was pouring with rain and very windy. But it obviously fell into the right catagory distance wise.

I felt stressed out and very tired after the interview but obviously had no idea what the outcome would be. When the envelope dropped through the door I actually felt quite sick when seeing it. I had become quite reliant on the DLA over the years for transport with a motability car and also being on a special diet I found it helped with the food bill too. Also it made me feel a bit more independent as I could afford to be.

Anyway, I opened the the envelope and it said I had been given the enhanced rate for both mobility and care for an ongoing period. I could have cried from the relief of all the stress I had been through. None of this would have been possible without the help of the guys at Benefits and Work with all the wonderful advice for filling in forms.

This all means that I can still have a motability car I was realiant on for getting to the shops and hospital and doctor visits. I also had the enhanced rate for my care. That meant I could continue to buy special foods for my diet and vitamins and minerals which I cannot get on prescription and I also need help with various things around the home. It felt as though the world was lifted off my shoulders at that moment of getting PIP, knowing life could continue in a more comfortable way. Without it I would be housebound and unhappy.

Thank you B&W team for your own enhanced level of assistance in form filling and how to word things. Without your help I don't know where I would be today (certainly more depressed). I would highly recommend joining B&W as its worth every single penny and more. This way, you are helped to fill each section of the form in and hopefully it helps with a better outcome for the claim you make. I don't think I would have got PIP at all without all this help or certainly not at the enhanced rate for both. Big, big thankyou B&W team. My life although not a healthy one is a happier one now. :)

Take care everyone and please don't hesitate in using the Benefits and Work guides, they are just the best. The forums also keep you updated on how things are progressing.

Jenny
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233368 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP for ongoing period
Hi Jenny

Many congratulations on your ongoing PIP award. Great news.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.