× Members

I won my PIP Tribunal thanks to your guides!

More
4 years 8 months ago #233407 by Emmanuel's mum
I won my PIP Tribunal thanks to your guides! was created by Emmanuel's mum
I went to my assessment in December 2018 and did not get the award I was hoping for. I was awarded standard rate living component only in January 2019. I attended my interview with my sister and we taped the whole thing. I found it stressful as I did not like the interviewer or some of the questions asked - some of which I found irrelevant i.e, my schooling and qualifications. I knew I wanted to appeal when the decision came through and did the mandatory appeal and was turned down. I decided to go to tribunal and was dreading it and procrastinated in getting my form in online. I did not even read the health report until the last minute deadline for online appeal. I was scared to read what they would have said about me. When I finally did, I was in tears because it was full of untruths, for example, removing a headscarf, and signing a form and using my walking stick in my left hand - all of which did not happen. I was able to compare their report with the recording, and used your tribunal guide to do an online appeal at HMRC - which was two hours late, but accepted. Imagine my surprise when I received a text from HMRC to say my case was closed because DWP had accepted my appeal. Thank you so much for your guides, I would not have known to first check for all the mistakes and point them out - which I think was one of the main things to swing the decision in my favour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233410 by Gordon
Emmanuel's mum

That's terrific news, well done and congratulations.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.