× Members

Another Thank You

More
4 years 8 months ago #233794 by IanR
Another Thank You was created by IanR
Another Thank You to B&W and another triumph for common sense and decency.

Yesterday, my Appeal was successful and I was awarded 12 Mobility points, indefinitely, raised from the 4 (useless, of course) points which the DWP had awarded.

My “invitation” from the DWP to apply for PIP with the impending closure of my DLA higher rate of mobility arrived 1 November 2017. With the 64 week wait for the Tribunal hearing it has taken until now for the nightmare to end.

Well after I lodged my Appeal, I became aware that GP patient records are now being made available to patients. I extracted the relevant sections from my record and sent them to the Tribunal as Further Evidence.

I would urge anyone who is going through, or about to go through this nightmare, to get hold of your patient records just as soon as you can and then use them. The DWP think we are all liars and do not believe what we write on our application forms or say at the assessment so they may not take any evidence you provide into account, anyway. But the Tribunal did believe my evidence.

And it goes without saying – APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL

Sincerely, IanR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233798 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another Thank You
Hi IanR

Many, many congratulations on winning your PIP Appeal and being awarded your enhanced award (and sticking with it for all that time!). Great news. And I'm sure more people will follow your advice in the future and access their medical records.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: IanR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.