× Members

pip time extension

More
4 years 11 months ago #234017 by pingusolid
pip time extension was created by pingusolid
Hello, I made a call to ask for a time extension to fill in pip2 form and collect evidence, as without it the form would need returning by 24th July.

Speaking with the adviser has confused me. They agreed to an extension and said I now have until end of August to return the form. For years on B&W site and elsewhere I've been led to believe that only 14 days is allowed. When questioned the advisor said something about their systems allowing for a cusion effect for postal times or something.

Have I really been given an extra 6 weeks or have they made a mistake ? They were convinced this is what the system said after doing the sums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234020 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic pip time extension
Hi Pingusolid

It certainly sounds unusual. If you can bear it, I would ring once more to confirm that is the date they are expecting it back - because it will be a different call handler. If that is the date, then that is the date and you can always send a letter to them after the second call confirming that you have until the end of August.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234051 by pingusolid
Replied by pingusolid on topic pip time extension
I made a second call and they confirmed the end August date. Although when I explained the date on the original PIP letter received they also agreed that an extension would take it to 7th Aug. Strangely they said the system had been re-started and I still had 40 days to run. And something about a letter being sent. But I've had no new letter. They certainly know how to confuse me.

I think I'll stick to the official date on the paperwork and take the extension to 7th Aug.

Am i the only one this has happened to ?

More
4 years 11 months ago #234160 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic pip time extension
I telephoned and asked for an extension and was given 2 weeks. I thought it prudent to also send in a letter to them confirming my telephone conversation with them and asking them to confirm in writing their extension which they duly did by letter. In my opinion it's always best to get them to confirm anything change wise in writing that way you have a paper trail of the changes.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.