× Members

PIP success

More
4 years 8 months ago #234158 by Mm1
PIP success was created by Mm1
Thanks to the information on this site I was encouraged to apply for PIP. I was on low rate care DLA for many years (had to go to appeal for that, so was avoiding PIP because of the stress and humiliation) but after my health worsened with a degenerative neurological condition and approaching retirement age, I finally decided to apply.
ATOS assessment was professional and courteous on the surface but the report was full of inaccuracies and misunderstandings. I was awarded middle rate care but only 4 points for mobility.
So after help from CAB and the advice on this site, I went for MR and was given 22 points for mobility as well.

It wouldn’t have been possible without all your help - thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karen, Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #234171 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP success
Hi Mm1

Many congratulations on your success at the Mandatory Reconsideration. Great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.