× Members

Light Touch Awards (again).

More
4 years 11 months ago #234198 by Hughie
Light Touch Awards (again). was created by Hughie
Hi everyone
I am glad that the light touch award project seems to be gathering pace with further concessions added, but there still remains mystery surrounding the intricacies of it. I have read the directives given to DM's regarding ongoing awards, but some things are still shrouded in uncertainty. My case may be an example. I was reviewed in 2017 and did not have to attend an assessment. Instead, I was given a further award of Enhanced Components of both until 2021. By the time my award comes back up for review, I will be approximately 5 months away from being 65 years of age. I still do not know if I will receive a light touch or not. It may be in my favour that I was given my latest extension award on paper without the need for an further assessment, but I just do not know. I guess I am asking if anything is in the pipeline for further changes going ahead with light touches, or is it just a case of wait and see as to whether I receive a letter telling me I have to refill a form and go for an assessment, or whether or not I am "passported" through so to speak. The uncertainty of it all is actually really getting me down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234206 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Light Touch Awards (again).
Hi HughJulie

The most recent changes to the light touch review only came out on July 9 2019. The fact is the DWP have yet to respond and none of know what light touch review even means. As it stands you would expect to hear from them about six months before the end of your award, but whether this is a reassessment, or you get a light-touch review (whatever that means) we cannot say.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234218 by maurice537
Replied by maurice537 on topic Light Touch Awards (again).
I have been given enhanced mobility and care with a light touch but also it will not be reviewed until after May 2029 I am 67

More
4 years 11 months ago #234222 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Light Touch Awards (again).
Hi there,

I'm in a very similar situation. My award ends on the 20th of June 2021. I will be 65 by then which is pensionable age according to PIP.

The fact that it says on the paperwork that I will be paid my award until that date is flummoxing me.

I know they send for you before the award ends, the last time it was 12 months before for me. I understand they are now sending for people approxomately 6 months befoe the end date.

Surely if the light touch review is now in force, anyone who reaches 65 before the end date of their award should be given at the very most a 'light touch' review?

After all, the end date of the award is in black and white and therefore should be adehered to if nothing has changed.

Phrank.

Just my opinion but that is what it says.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234229 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Light Touch Awards (again).
Hi Phrank

The light touch review for current claimants of pensionable age has not yet 'come into force'. It was announced by the government on July 09 19 and the DWP have yet to say how they are going to roll this out. We await to hear what happens.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234230 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Light Touch Awards (again).
Hi BIS,

Thanks for the reply. It really is frustrating for those concerned when the government make a new statement regarding benefits.

It's amost as if they make people 'sweat' on purpose and drag it all out.

It was the same with the new Blue Badge legislation.

Ah well, time will tell.

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.