× Members

Should I tell them about mobility scooter?

More
4 years 11 months ago #234200 by zaksmum
I use a mobility scooter for all moving around outdoors and have done so for several years. Any outdoor walking is very painul and leaves me breathless too.

Despite having a lifetime DLA award, at the age of 67 I've been "invited" to apply for PIP. Should I tell them I can only go outdoors using my scooter or will this go against me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234202 by BIS
Hi M

We cannot tell you what to put on your form. However, if you have great difficulties in walking, the assessor is likely to question how you manage outside.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.