× Members

Can't understand where all the money's come from.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234292 by Poollie1
Hi there hoping someone can help. My daughter has just been awarded standard care pip. Her bank account shows her payment and back payments from when she originally claimed. She also is awarded income based ESA support group and her bank account also shows DWP £900 and odd pound along with the Pip £800 and odd pounds. She also claims child tax credits and bank account shows that amount too. My question is neither ESA or child tax credits are due until next Tuesday and usually paid fort nightly. Have they changed the dates and now pay monthly? She don't use the phone so I do it for her, don't want to phone DWP if they have changed dates and the frequency they are now paying.. Any help appreciated please. Hope I've explained so people understand what I'm saying

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234308 by Gordon
P Oliveer

You would need to check but it sounds like she has received a back payment fro both ESA and Tax Credits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #234462 by Poollie1
Thankyou Gordon for your ever helpful advice, it's much appreciated. I havnt phoned DWP for my daughter as yet. But to be honest I can't see it being back payments of either ESA or tax credits. She has received child tax credits since it came into force and her son is 16 now. As for ESA she has been receiving it since 2013, in other words they are not new awards, unless ofcourse they have been paying her short..I will give them a ring on Monday. Thanks again.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234524 by Poollie1
Update Gordon, thanks again for your advice.. I've now seen the daughters award letters. Yes you was right it was back payments for ESA as well as Pip from April 1st 2019. Apparently now she's been awarded Pip she qualifies for the severe disabled premium of ESA as well as being on income based support group...so they paid her back payments to the 1st of April when she qualified for Pip. Thanks again, that's clears that up then...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.