× Members

Reduce award?

More
4 years 11 months ago #234357 by Jude
Reduce award? was created by Jude
Hi,
I have numerous, serious health problems.Everything remains as it was when I applied for PIP, apart from my Asthma, which has really improved the past few months & I feel I should notify PIP as I can walk further but I do not know how to go about it.
Should I write & ask for my mobility award to be reduced? I do not want to loose the rest of my award as I am not well enough to work & very near to retirement age. It was so hard to get & only with the help of this wonderful site but I can’t not notify them of a change or fear I will get into trouble.

Thanks
Amber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234360 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Reduce award?
Hi Amber

It is up to you whether you feel you ought to notify the DWP. Many people wait until their next review. You need to decide whether the change you have is one that will remain stable. Just be aware that you cannot ask for part of your award to be reduced. It will be treated as a change of circumstances and is likely to trigger a whole new assessment and that will be both parts.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234361 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Reduce award?
Hi Bis,
I didn’t realise. I thought I could have kept the rest of my award. My review is not for another couple of years so I don’t know what to do now.
Thanks
Amber

More
4 years 11 months ago #234362 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Reduce award?
Hi Amber

I cannot tell you what to do, but if your condition is going to fluctuate there is no need to report any change, nor would you get into trouble for not doing so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234364 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Reduce award?
Hi Bis,

I think I will put off notifying them just yet as I can’t afford to loose the rest of my award.

Thank you so much
Amber

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.