× Members

Capita home visit, DLA to PIP assessment

More
5 years 2 months ago #234409 by ben202
Hi
Thursday July 4th, 2019, 1pm, I was due to have a home visit from our professional friends capita.

1pm came NO capita 1.30pm NO capita, 2pm No Capita, so my wife phoned capita up letting them know the situation, they took details and said they would now try and make contact with this so called Health professional, but they could not be reached. My wife was asked if she wanted to make a formal complaint, which she did. My wife was asked to ring capita back next day for an explanation, as to why the so called health professional had not turned up for the appointment. The explanation given was they could not find the property. When asked why they had not phoned to ask where it was, my wife was told they had no signal on their phone. My wife lost half a day from work, waiting for these idiots. My wife now has to lose another half day from work, because we have a new appointment at capita office's 25 miles away. This is really not good enough!! it caused stress & anxiety to both myself and my wife. If the boot was on the other foot and I had not attended my appointment my benefits would no doubt been stopped !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234414 by BIS
Hi sky41

I am so sorry this happened to you. You're not the first nor will you be the last unfortunately and their poor communication with you only adds to the insult.

Hope the assessment when it happens goes well for you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #234445 by ben202
Replied by ben202 on topic Capita home visit, DLA to PIP assessment
Hi Biz
Thanks for reply

How much longer can these incompetent so called Professional capita/atos get away with messing ppl about, trying on purpose I'm sure to frustrate ppl as much as possible, like when you try to phone DWP, initially to claim PiP from DLA, it takes approx an hour to get through, when you get through on occasions conveniently they cut phone off, we had that three times in a week, because we have nerve to try and claim PIP, this was also a tactic of a no show of my home visit, something must be done !!!

More
5 years 2 months ago #234447 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Capita home visit, DLA to PIP assessment
Hi Sky41

One way to get redress is to make a complaint via your MP, if you are not sure who your MP is click on the following link: www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid