× Members

LETTER FEPSLB ESA CHANGE FROM DWP

More
5 years 2 months ago #234460 by Bengal21
LETTER FEPSLB ESA CHANGE FROM DWP was created by Bengal21
hi Gordon and the team,
could you please help me understand the letter that i have from the dwp, on the bottom right hand corner there is a code FEPSL8 The letter says my esa will be reduced they say they know my average income this because of my nhs ill health pension that had went up in April and I immediately about a small increase and everything about my few savingings that i have
Could this letter be because I have been awarded pip to start from August. It does not say if the £ 83 .44 is reduced to weekly or monthly. I don't really understand it I will have to ring them.
I am in the esa support group . The letter says that they have checked with HMRC and i must tell them of any changes .
I have always told them everything of any change or increase with my pension I have recieved two letters from the jobcentre plus reducing my esa. I do understand that this will go down if there is a pension increase. the letter is signed on behalf of ter interventions manager. im very confused .

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234495 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LETTER FEPSLB ESA CHANGE FROM DWP
Hi Elliedee

Did you know you have two posts running on the same subject, when you say you have been awarded PIP to start from August, what year?
Remember that ESA is a taxable income, any income you receive from your NHS pension may have an effect on your ESA, are you on contributory ESA? if you are and if you receive an occupational pension that pays more than £85 a week then your contributory ESA payment is reduced by half of the amount over this limit, for example, if you receive £105 aweek before tax from an occupational pension, your ESA is reduced by £10 aweek, ie half of the excess figure of £20, if you have more than one pension, they are added together for this calculations.
This is why we ask certain questions such as what type of ESA are you claiming (contributory or income) and then, what group are you in support or work.
Do you live alone, does any one claim carers allowance for looking after you, reason why we ask these question is that you may be entitled to SDP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #234521 by Bengal21
Replied by Bengal21 on topic LETTER FEPSLB ESA CHANGE FROM DWP
HI Gary
sorry for the two post running, Iim my pip starts being paid from the 2nd of August this year i have just transfer d from dla to pip.
I am on contribution esa and in the support group, I understand that my nhs pension will affect this,
I just dont understand why the interventions team are dealing with this, I have told them everything about my pension and any savings that i have. what does the number code mean on the right hand side of the letter mean it says FEPSL8?

I live alone and there is no one claiming carers allowance for me.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

More
5 years 2 months ago #234541 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LETTER FEPSLB ESA CHANGE FROM DWP

Elliedee wrote: what does the number code mean on the right hand side of the letter mean it says FEPSL8?

It's just a form number for a standard letter from the Fraud and Error Prevention Service.

If you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA then it is nothing to do with your PIP award.

I'm afraid you need to ring them for more information on what the problem is if there actually is one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bengal21

More
5 years 2 months ago #234544 by Bengal21
Replied by Bengal21 on topic LETTER FEPSLB ESA CHANGE FROM DWP
Thank you for you're time.

I have given them all my details on pensions and savings . I get very anxious and i am on my alone please accept my apologies will ring tomorrow .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.