× Members

DLA to PIP.......f2f on Monday

More
4 years 11 months ago #234470 by Karen
DLA to PIP.......f2f on Monday was created by Karen
Hi all, I'm transferring from DLA to PIP. I have my f2f on Monday....GULP!! I have rheumatoid arthritis plus PTSD. I have a daughter who is autistic and I am her main carer. As you can imagine life is difficult. My question is.......how do I approach the assessment with regards to my daughter??, will the fact that I am her main care provider go against me? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234471 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP.......f2f on Monday
Hi Karen

I don't know what you put down in your report or how much you have to do for your daughter, but be aware that the assessor may want to clarify how your medical condition limits you being able to do certain criteria set out on the PIP form against your role as a carer.

Hope it goes well.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234475 by Karen
Replied by Karen on topic DLA to PIP.......f2f on Monday
My daughter's struggles are mental health not physical........she helps me physically and I help her mentally........ My daughter helps me with lifting, carrying, bathing etc., and I mentioned this in the form. I didn't mention that she has autism, but it is noted in some of the medical evidence I have submitted, so I'm sure it will be mentioned during the f2f. I'm really worried that it will be used against me somehow.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234489 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP.......f2f on Monday
HI Karen

I can't stop you worrying and I can't tell you exactly what the assessor will ask you, but if they are aware you're a carer there's a chance they will ask you about it. Just be prepared. Don't assume it will be held against you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.