× Members

New PIP f2f at home after tribunal

More
4 years 11 months ago #234508 by B3lla
New PIP f2f at home after tribunal was created by B3lla
Hi, I made a new claim for PIP at the beginning of March this year,whilst awaiting my tribunal hearing date. Independent Assessment Services granted me a home assessment but have now cancelled 3 times. The next available appointment they offered me is after my hearing date. My representative has advised me to accept this appointment. I know that any New Claim supersedes the tribunal decision so if the tribunal goes in my favour, will they give me a fixed period or only up to the tribunal date. If the latter, can I cancel the New Claim f2f? TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234510 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic New PIP f2f at home after tribunal
Hi B3lla

If you win your appeal you are likely to be given a fixed date award. It certainly would not be the tribunal date. If you win you can cancel your new claim. Just be aware that even if you win your appeal the DWP can reassess at any time unless the judgment specifically says you should not be reassessed until a certain date.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: B3lla

More
4 years 11 months ago #234527 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP f2f at home after tribunal
B3lla / BIS

Sorry to jump in but if you cancel your new claim for PIP then it will limit any award made by the Tribunal although this will still happen if you do not, a new Decision will still be created and this will supersede the Tribunal Decision whatever it might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234532 by B3lla
Replied by B3lla on topic New PIP f2f at home after tribunal
Hi Gordon,
Is that still the case if I wait until after the tribunal date?

TIA

More
4 years 11 months ago #234540 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP f2f at home after tribunal
B3lla

The date of the Tribunal is not relevant as the panel remake the Decision appealed and it applies from the same date, so it will always be before the date of any Decision on your new claim.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: B3lla

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.