× Members

Pip assessment

More
4 years 11 months ago #234535 by Robert
Pip assessment was created by Robert
This is the second time I have been called up, but first on pip.
Lucky when I phoned to cancel they gave me another date not far from me.
Any tip from you, as I am hard of hearing and suffer from balance problem in which it is permanent.
I will be going on Thursday so love to have a head up on what should be said.
Don't worry if I lose this I will be going on to high court of I have to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234538 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip assessment
Hi Robert

Have you had a look at the PIP guide at the type of questions you will be asked during the assessment? It is a good thing to be prepared. It is not an exhaustive list and always be prepared for the unexpected question to come up. It's not about trying to catch you out, it's just that it tends to be personal to individual claimants.

This may be a stupid thing to say, but when you meet the assessor make sure they are aware that you are hard of hearing and tell them whatever you need ... speaking more slowly, at a pitch that you can hear them clearly ... whatever it is. Obviously, they should ask you and I hope they will, but if they don't you need to tell them. You don't want to miss anything they say.

Quite a few members complain that assessors make assumptions. If you have balance problems and they are not obvious but are causing your problems while you are there, you need to make sure that you say so.

Hope it goes well.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.