× Members

PIP award

More
4 years 11 months ago #234652 by Nicolette
PIP award was created by Nicolette
I was awarded PIP enhanced for both till June 2020 and it said there would be a review in june 2019 .
I got this letter in June from the DWP saying they have looked at my award and decided to award me PIP for a longer time without a face to face because my needs are continuing.
It says I have made my decision using the information we hold about your health condition or disability , without the need for a face to face consultation and they have sent another statement of entitlement.
But the award still finishes in June 2020. I don't understand it, I will still have to have a review before it finishes in June won't I? Does anybody know what they mean and what happens next?
Also I was put in the support group at the same time as I was awarded PIP in 2016 without a face to face but now I have to go to an assessment next week after filling in a ESA50 in February none of it makes sense to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award
Nicolette

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The letter should say that they will not now assess you before June 2029 and that you have an On-Going award?

ESA has different criteria from PIP, it is perfectly possible for someone to have the Enhanced rates of PIP and still not qualify for ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234663 by Nicolette
Replied by Nicolette on topic PIP award
Thanks for your reply
No the letter says that the award finishes June 14th 2020 ,but it was always finishing then this is what I don't get.
It does say as well that they will contact me while I am getting PIP and this will be after June 14th 2019 to see if my needs have changed and to look at the amount I get , so maybe this will be the review form do you think? I haven't had a review form just this letter.
I'm sorry the letter has just confused me by saying they have given me PIP for a longer time but finishes on the same date.
As to the ESA I just don't get how they can put me in the support group without an assessment and then 3 years later decide I need one, I'm sure it's not unusual. I'm 63 and I am not going to get any better, Hopefully I will be able to get a pension at 66 without all this anxiety.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234679 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP award
Nicolette

Forgive me I misread your original post, does the letter mention anything about your Mobility component, the DWP are reviewing some 1.6m PIP claims due to changes in the law in regard to the Going OUt activity?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234718 by Nicolette
yes they have given me enhanced for both again until from June 2019 until June 2020 I only get PIP for physical problems . I don't know , it's a mystery this letter , I was just worried I might have to wait until June 2020 and put in a new claim then, but if they say they will contact me whilst I am getting PIP I assume they will send me a review form before it finishes.
I suppose I will have to ring them nearer the time to find out if this is the case , although I don't like to ring them unless I have to.

Thank you very much for your time I suppose all will become clear eventually.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234726 by Nicolette
I am sorry if I have posted twice but I don't know if my last one went through it seemed to disappear so ignore this if I have.

They gave me a letter of entitlement for enhanced rate for both from 31 st may 2019 to June 14th 2020.

I only get PIP for physical problems so the letter is a mystery to me , but I thought I might have to wait until the PIP was up in June and then put in a new claim.

But if they say they will contact me then I can only assume that they will send a review form nearer the time, I expected this to come , but instead I got the letter saying they had renewed my PIP. I thought you might have heard of this happening before but obviously you have not.

I will wait until it is a bit nearer the time for it to expire and then contact them if I have not heard from them in the meantime.

Thank you very much for your help you do a great job on this site and I am sure it is very much appreciated by all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.