× Members

ESA question page 12 question 9 bowels and bladder

More
5 years 2 months ago #234717 by MrFibro
Hi to all,
As in regards to the ESA questionnaire page 12 question 9, bowels and bladder – incontinence.

I just can’t seem to get my head around on scoring for this even though I have regular episodes of incontinence and I need to change my clothes. Due to spinal and bladder problems.

My plight is ….If I write down that I use pads, and I take clean clothes and let’s say wipes in case I become incontinent. And I do this to visit a doctor or dentist etc. How do I score points?

Given the fact the assessor, DWP DM could argue the toss that because I use pads, and because I carry wipes, and carry a change of clothing with me. Therefore their assumption would be! I can clean myself and change into new pad/s and clothes. Which means I could do that in any work situation and environment anywhere and viola end of story, I don’t have an issue!:(

I’m struggling even after reading all the guides, which I have downloaded. To make the assessor DWP DM think otherwise and give me points for this descriptor.
Guidance would be much appreciated on how going about this question.

Kind regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234735 by Gordon
MrF

You are overthinking this activity :(

It is not about whether you could do all of these tasks at a work, it is whether you meet all of the elements of the Descriptor.

So you need to show that you meet the following;

1. The evacuation must be uncontrolled, so this is not about the problems that you might have having gone to the toilet.
2. It must be extensive, so not a dribble.
3. You must be awake so bed wetting is excluded.
4.Whether you use pads or not the usage will be assumed unless you can show why they cannot be used or are insufficient for the problem
5. For the WRAG the episodes must be at least monthly. For the SG they must be weekly
6. The episode must necessitate cleaning and most importantly a change of clothing, so if it is contained by the pads or another aid then you will not score.

I hope this makes it clearer but if not then post again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.