× Members

Medication - Pip evidence

More
5 years 2 months ago #234820 by Mike Baker
Medication - Pip evidence was created by Mike Baker
Hi to you all and, help with a query please.
- Do the pip assessors disregard your prescribed medication in ability to carry out and meet descriptors?
If you can’t do a task without the benefit/ active effect of medication or until that medication is effective, surely that should count as not able to do that task for that ‘void’ period of time?
- thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234825 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medication - Pip evidence
Mike

No, they can't ignore your prescribed medication but you do need to document any dependencies that you have on it, for example; waiting for pain killers to take effect before you can perform an activity.

However, to score the activity to be time dependent, so again as an example; washing and dressing are activities we would expect to perform at the start of the day and therefore waiting of the pain to take effect would be relevant but preparing a meal might not as it could be done after they have reduced the pain.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #234869 by Mike Baker
Replied by Mike Baker on topic Medication - Pip evidence
Thanks Gordon, I currently have an award which looks like it was given on the basis of not being able to meet descriptors for a 2 hr void period in the morning whist I wait my prescribed painkillers to take effect.. I am grateful to get that... thank you for your help.
Ps- the caselaw pack I purchased is excellent.... thoroughly recommend people to buy!! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid