× Members

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

• hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #234824 by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
PIP Mandatory Reconsideration was created by hugh.prosser@live.co.uk
I would like to know if any other members if they have had the same experience with requesting a mandatory reconsideration that I had today.

Following a reassessment transferring from DLA to PIP. During which I was awarded a standard assessment for both Care and Mobility. I dispute both awards based on the points awarded against each topic.

I rang DWP this morning to request a mandatory reconsideration on both topics.

I was told by a DWP representative, that since I was over pensionable age, I would not be eligible to enhanced rate for either category, this means I would lose my eligibility for a mobility car.

Is this true, and is this legal ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234826 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
Hugh

It's true in part.

Once a claimant reaches 65 or State Retirement Age, whichever is higher then the Mobility component cannot be awarded if no award exists or an increased award if they have a Standard award. The exception to this is during the transfer from DLA to PIP where the restriction is suspended.

The restriction only applies to the Mobility component the Daily Living one is not affected.

This was the same under DLA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hugh.prosser@live.co.uk

More
4 years 10 months ago #234829 by Kab
Replied by Kab on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
OP was transferring from DLA to PIP so OP should be allowed to put in MR?

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #234835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

Karen’s wrote: OP was transferring from DLA to PIP so OP should be allowed to put in MR?

I did say that the rule is suspended for DLA to PIP transfers.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.