× Members

esa

More
4 years 10 months ago #234848 by glen
esa was created by glen
hi can someone please help me I need to make acclaim for esa and I don't have a clue what to do I have never claimed benefits before thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234853 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa
glen

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Are you sure that you can claim ESA?

You can now only make a claim for what is called New Style ESA, to do this you will need to have at least 50 weeks of NI Contributions during the two Tax Years 2016-17 and 2017-18.

If you do not have the Contributions then you will have to claim Universal Credit and ask to be assessed for Limited Capability for Work.

Have a look at the following

www.gov.uk/how-to-claim-new-style-esa

www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.