× Members

Delaying PIP process

More
4 years 10 months ago #234906 by Tiegan
Delaying PIP process was created by Tiegan
Hi

I have just got the letter asking me to move from DLA to PIP and need to delay the process.

I am going in for a major Operation on the 6th August and will be in hospital for about a week and need quite a bit of recovery time after. I’m not got going to be in any fit state to fill out a lengthy PIP form and will not be able to get out the house for 6 weeks to the advocacy group that usually help me with the form. I can’t write the forms myself.

Do I just simply ring them and ask or is there another way. I only need about a month six/weeks delay. I am so scared, the timing couldn’t be worse. I am now worried sick about the op and worried sick about the PIP claim. The stress is causing me to have more seizures which I do not need before the op.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234907 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Delaying PIP process
Hi Tiegan

The only thing you can do is ring the DWP tomorrow and explain the situation and see what they say. I can't say whether they will be accommodating other than to offer you the standard two-week extension. If they do agree - then make sure that you send a letter confirming what has been said.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.