× Members

ESA Stopped No UC

More
4 years 11 months ago #234947 by ethertwist
ESA Stopped No UC was created by ethertwist
Hi,

I have a query about ESA/UC. My partner was on ESA and after an assessment this was stopped. We have sent off the mandatory reconsideration request and are awaiting the response.

In the meantime we have started an application for UC as my earnings are not enough to cover all our outgoings. Today we had to attend appointments at the jobcentre and were told we would not receive anything because I earn too much. When asking about ESA the adviser said that if the mandatory reconsideration/appeal was successful that my partner would not be awarded his ESA back as once you're on UC that's where you'd stay and as it's a means tested benefits. However, my partner was on contributions-based ESA. Is this correct?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #234962 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Stopped No UC
Kim

No, they are wrong.

If the MR is unsuccessful then your partner's ESA(CB) can be re-instated at the Assessment rate if they go onto appeal and if the MR or appeal is successful then the ESA(CB) can be put back into payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 10 months ago #235095 by ethertwist
Replied by ethertwist on topic ESA Stopped No UC
Thanks Gordon, I didn't think it sounded right

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.