× Members

Equalities Act 2010 for home assessment

More
5 years 1 month ago #234999 by weymouth321
Equalities Act 2010 for home assessment was created by weymouth321
Due to my disabilities, I am unable to attend your assessment centre on ( date ) , or on any date , and I require a home assessment as a Reasonable Adjustment under the Equalities Act 2010.
Back up with Doctors letter
How successful would this template letter work ?
Many Thanks, J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #235000 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Equalities Act 2010 for home assessment
Hi Josie

You can quote the law, but it won't in itself make any difference. It's very easy for the DWP to argue that it is a reasonable adjustment that they cannot make and an entitlement to home visits is not enshrined in law. If you are putting in a request for a home visit, don't just put because of 'my disabilities' - explain briefly (even if you have to do so on a separate piece of paper - why you need one).
It is your doctor's letter which is key and it needs to be clear that if you were to be called to an assessment centre it would cause you undue physical and/or mental stress. Just be warned even then home visits are not always granted. There do seem to be variations across the country on the number of home visits available.

BIS

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.