× Members

Carer wanted for a couple of hours everyone,

More
5 years 1 month ago #235014 by Mickey2019
Hi everyone,

Anyone knows how or where to look for a carer/companion for a day to accompany my ill brother to the assessment centre in balham please? I can't take him this time around because of work commitment and also friends and other family members who used to help are not available in August.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #235016 by Gordon
Mickey

Try your GP surgery and your local council website they should have a list of voluntary organisations in your area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #235018 by Mickey2019
Replied by Mickey2019 on topic Carer wanted for a couple of hours everyone,
Thank you for your reply.

I have also another question please.

We have been asked to fill in ESA50 form and the PIP form and my question is: do we have to take my mentally ill brother to two assessment centres to be assessed for PIP and ESA claims? is this right? Can anyone give me an insight about this please? Much appreciated.

More
5 years 1 month ago #235019 by Gordon
Mickey2019
Away

He may not be asked to attend but an ESA assessment cannot substitute for a PIP one and vice versa, so the worst case is that he will have to attend two face to faces.

What will help him is a letter from his GP explaining why an interview will be detrimental to his help and offering to provide any additional information that is required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mickey2019

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.