× Members

Live to full service ...Problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #235111 by annmark61
Live to full service ...Problems was created by annmark61
After redundancy from full time, long service employment I claimed UC in May 2017 in a live service postcode area. I provided medical evidence (fit note) 24/07/2017. UC50 30/10/2017 WCA 20 /03/2018 Decision 02/05/2018 LCW, MR refused 13/07/2018 Appeal lodged 06/08/2018. 18/11/2018 postcode switched to full service. Completed online claim, set up online account, identity confirmed. My LA was then informed by UC I was no longer in receipt of UC from 18/11/2018. Only discovered this when I received 19/20 Council tax bill with no reduction. Spoke to council who informed me UC informed UC claim end date. So began the most frustrating, unbelievable few months, many emails, letters, proof of UC payments and no other income (provided 4 times) not to mention hours spent on phone to both council and UC helpline. After threatening to take story to MP, Newspapers and demanding an audience with God (probably via the local mental health ward!!!) The situation was finally resolved.
Fast forward to 26/06/2019 Appeal for LCWRA SUCCEEDED (didn’t even have to go to tribunal received a call that morning from clerk to advise the Panel had made decision of paperwork provided) YIPPEE all thanks to the clear and thorough information provided by the Benefit and Work guides. As I did all of the paperwork, with no representation (scary indeed!!) the UC claim and appeal guides were invaluable so thank you all who provide the not only the information but also the impetus to keep going with the appeal.
Now back to the fun of Universal Credit. Received a letter via online account to say I was entitled to the LCWRA element from 18/11/2018. Entitlement to LCWRA calculated in the assessment period after the end of relevant period. Payment date 18/04/2019. Phoned helpline told adviser that LCWRA entitlement should go back to November 2017 advisor told me I would have to contact “live service” for relevant backpay ??? Put a scathing message on my online account giving relevant dates etc. Got a call this morning from a lady who informed me she had raised an MR to sort it out.
Here we go again !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.