× Members

dla to pip just received letter to change over.tha

More
5 years 1 month ago #235994 by Foz
hi just received a letter to change over from dla to pip even though I was on indefinite ,I have eard a lot of stories what steps should I take .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #235996 by BIS
Hi Foz

DLA is ceasing to exist as a benefit so even if you have an indefinite award you have no choice but to move over to PIP. We have a comprehensive guide which will walk you through every stage of the PIP process. Don't be overwhelmed by the size of the guide. It is large but extremely helpful. If you haven't done it already, the first thing you need to do is ring the DWP and confirm that you want to apply for PIP. They will ask you a number of questions (which are given in the guide) and you will then be sent a form to fill in.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #236100 by Foz
Called up today and im just waiting for the dreaded form to fill

More
5 years 1 month ago #236138 by LilacGem
Hi Foz just to wish you the very best of luck with it all, I am going through the same process but a little further on than you (I just had my face to face assessment). The guide BIS mentioned is excellent so helpful, it looks a little overwhelming but it takes you through the whole thing step by step, so reassuring. I started reading through it in advance & making a few notes so as to be less frantic when the form came. Fingers crossed for a good outcome for us both

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237241 by Foz
Thank you wish you all the best also .just filled the form now so hope all is well ,its just really a big stress .

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237242 by Foz
Thank you for the guides and help just managed to fill in the form so wish me luck im hoping for a home visit hope it works out.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.