× Members

Thank You and PIP Query

More
4 years 7 months ago #236393 by Welsh Lass
Thank You and PIP Query was created by Welsh Lass
I am writing to say Thank You for your guides. By using your PIP guide, as my adult disabled daughter was moved from DLA (lifetime award) over to PIP. My adult daughter was awarded Enhanced rate for both parts of PIP .Thank You. I also previously used the ESA guide and she get this also. Thank You for this also.
We have always 'gone alone' and cared for her all her life.
Both me and my husband at nearly 70 now, and I have approached local Council about daycare for her. They have agreed to this.
Also I registered my husband and myself with them as her Carers. What I woud like to know,, because someone said to me in passing, - . That I should keep a written record of everything we spend PIP and ESA money on for her. Plus the receipts.
I have never done this all of her life, We have always saved some of her money in Building Society, Plus spent on new clothes, holiday for her (with us) and having orthopaedic shoes made for her, anything she wanted really.
Do other named Carers/Legal Representatives keep records also?
Im ill myself and get Attendance Allowance in my own right so my husband helps us both realy.
Thank You.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236423 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Thank You and PIP Query
Hi Welsh Lass

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased that you found the guides useful.

My understanding from your post is that you act as an Appointee for your daughter.
As an appointee you’re responsible for making and maintaining any benefit claims. You must:
sign the benefit claim form tell the benefit office about any changes which affect how much the claimant gets spend the benefit (which is paid directly to you) in the claimant’s best interests.

I have had a look at the Gov web site www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits but it does not say you should keep a written record on what or how your daughters benefits are spent. I have never known Appointee's keeping records but I can see the positive side for doing so if one was suspected of abusing one's position.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.