× Members

DLA to PIP Success - Idiotic decisions

More
4 years 6 months ago #236973 by Dave1680
DLA to PIP Success - Idiotic decisions was created by Dave1680
Well, I have just got PIP Enhanced Living and Enhanced Mobility with the help of this site and the guides. This is exactly what I had when I had DLA Indefinite. I have read through the decisions and boy, what stupid conclusions they came to. They had a report from an Occupational Therapist saying I should not go near a bath or shower, that I would fall, whatever help I had. The assessor was told that I have to wash down with a bowl of water, but what was the decision, 3 points, I can use a bath with help? I haven’t got in a bath in 20 years, you wouldn’t get me out, and I would end up in A&E. As for planning a journey, no points, I am housebound, can’t get out the door, can’t take public transport and told not to drive by my doctor. See what we are against, they are just don’t want to accept anything. I expect Steven Hawking’s could have planned a journey too. Is this question about mobility or cognizance understanding?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #236981 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP Success - Idiotic decisions
Hi Dave1680

Congratulations on your enhanced PIP award. Great to hear. Unfortunately as you and many people know the assessor's reports can miss the mark - but at least for you it was a positive outcome.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #236984 by Dave1680
Replied by Dave1680 on topic DLA to PIP Success - Idiotic decisions
I am happy and angry at the PIP decisions at the same time.

I can not uses my hands, I have to sit on a chair to be by the stove, where I cannot see into the pans, and would have to full welders gear and flame proof apron, not to get spat at by fat. The decision was I can cook with help. Just crazy. I thought cooking below waist height was classed as not cooking. (see guides)

More
4 years 6 months ago #236986 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP Success - Idiotic decisions
Hi Dave1680

It does seem very strange - but try and let it go. All you will do is give yourself extra stress by trying to understand the logic behind decisions that are completely illogical.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carly

More
4 years 6 months ago #237016 by Maxit
Replied by Maxit on topic DLA to PIP Success - Idiotic decisions
We've given up trying to understand their decisions on some of the descriptors.

I can't remember the exact wording or points awarded without going through the papers but a family member was awarded points (I believe this was PIP) as they need to use adapted cutlery and cups to eat and drink due to a neurological condition the reason for the decision was along the lines of "due to reduced grip caused by their neurological condition the claimant needs to use adapted cutlery and at times requires assistance to eat".

One of their medications is a daily injection which they cannot administer themselves but they didn't score any points in the medication section, we tried to reason that both the assessor and the decision-maker accept that they can't hold a knife and fork to eat but have come to the conclusion the family member can hold a needle and inject themselves. the argument wasn't accepted:unsure:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.