× Members

PIP Home Assessment today Monday 9th Sept 2019

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237099 by stars
Good Evening,
I had a PIP Assessment today 9th September at my home address, I have got Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Asthma and Bronchiectasis. I have been getting DLA and my award was indefinite High Rate Mobility. At the end of the assessment, the assessor said it can take between six to eight for the decision to come through but can be quicker. I was thinking if the decision comes through and it is not What I want, what is the best and quickest way to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration and a copy of the assessors report, is it better and quicker to Tele phone the DWP or write a letter to the DWP and is their telephone number and address to contact the DWP the aame address as what is on the letter which comes with PIP2 Form.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237101 by BIS
Hi Emerald

Give it until the end of the week and then phone the DWP and request a copy of the assessment report.
If the report contains things you don't like you will have a short window to write to the Decision Maker challenging the report.

Then when the decision comes through you can put in for a mandatory reconsideration if necessary. All the information on how to do it is in the PIP section.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237102 by stars
Thankyou for your reply, do you think my assessor report will be ready this Friday 13th September, I only had my assessment today Monday 9th September, I thought that would be quick only four days after my assessment to ask for the assessors report, I will ring the DWP to check, what number for the DWP do i have to ring is it the telephone number on the letter you get with the PIP2 Form and which is the quickest and best way to request an Mandatory Reconsideration is it by phone or writing to the DWP and do you write to the address that you get on the letter that you get with the PIP2 Form.

Thankyou for your help.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237111 by Gordon
emerald

Assessors are supposed to submit their reports within a couple of days if not the same day as the assessment.

Yes, ring the number on the letter that came with the PIP2.

Ringing to start an MR is quickest but may not be the best way our recommendation is to make the request in writing to the DWP office that has made the Decision, their address will be on the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237112 by stars
Thankyou Gordon for your help that is very kind of you. I am feeling stressed, the assessor said she read some of my report but surely as the assessor she should have read everything, I wrote a lot of information in my PIP2 Form, I also give plenty of information in the additional information pages and added lots of information in the additional information and sent a lot of copies of Hospital Consultant letters from all my Hospital Consultants I am under, I am feeling really worried now because I feel she has not looked at all my evidence and I am worried what the decision will be.

Thankyou, I really appreciate your help.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237113 by Gordon
emerald

The recommendations are written after the claimant has left, so they could have read the rest of your information then, I'm afraid you won't know until you see the report.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.