× Members

ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237228 by Augustus
ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred was created by Augustus
Hi

I just wanted to share my information that I rang DWP yesterday asking about my next ESA WCA. It was due next month. They told me it was now due Oct 2021. Relief!

So I can worry about one less thing. I live in London, but I don't know if this is a regional thing. My last WCA was a long time ago.

I'd advise people due a WCA re-assess not to ring too far ahead but about 6 weeks before any date they have about a re-assessment. (You'll have to be firm because woman on phone said she didn't have that info to hand out, as if it were a state secret! When I said it was an innocent question to know where I stood, and I could ask my MP to pose same q, she soon co-operated!)

A
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Remix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237358 by Diane858
Replied by Diane858 on topic ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred
Hi,
I am on ESA Wrag and mine has also been deferred for another two years till 2021,
I rang as i knew it was due,
I am in Burnley x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
5 years 1 week ago #237429 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred
Hi,
I can't understand for the life of me, why the DWP don't notify the claimant that their WCA
re-assessment has or had been referred.

It's totaly unfair not alone inhumane as the claimant/s are just in an endless game of waiting. Which as we all well know just causes more unessessary stress, and also exhacerbates the claimant/s conditions.

Common decency towards the claimant is only a phone call or a letter away. Obviously it would seem the DWP only enjoy causing misery.

regards to all.

More
5 years 1 week ago #237430 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred
Hi misty,

Firstly great news your esa has been deferred til 2021.

Secondly, when you rang up the DWP, did they give you a reason/s why it's been deferred?

I'm only asking as it would be interesting to know their reason/s and if others people in the forum were given the same reason too.

I've been due for ESA SG re-assessment since early May this year. And I have thought of giving them a bell. But I am too apprehensive just in case they send out the esa50 after I called them lol.

Any road all the best now you can relax.

More
5 years 1 week ago #237501 by Diane858
Replied by Diane858 on topic ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred
Hi,

So sorry for delay,

No sorry, no reason was given at all though i was a bit taken aback,
I only rang as i knew it was due but was told it had been deferred until 2021,
I even rang back to double check the day after Incase i had heard wrong or there had been a mistake lol

I did ask why but no reason was given? sorry

I only rang as i was worrying myself silly that the esa50 may have gone astray so i was too scared to leave it any longer,

Good luck with yours and my fingers are crossed for you x
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro, Gary

More
5 years 1 week ago #237651 by chrysalis
Replied by chrysalis on topic ESA WCA Re-Assessment Deferred
They probably dont send letters for the same reason they dont put prognosis dates on award letters, they dont want to be seen to be offering a guarantee of no WCA until that date.

Also with deferrals which I think are not applied universally if they were to write letters, word would spread more and those who dont get deferred would (rightfully so) be upset at the unequal treatment.

It is interesting they doing deferrals again, but I expect it is probably region specific, my last WCA I think only gave me a year prognosis which should mean I get another ESA50 very soon this year (last decision was dec 2018 and when I rang I wasnt told a month but the year was 2019 for next assessment, so assumed it was a year). I would absolutely love a deferral but I dont see it happening for me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.