× Members

Council tax benefit

More
5 years 1 month ago #237260 by AJ27
Council tax benefit was created by AJ27
Hi i have just moved to london and im in reciept of sea support group with SDP which gives me £194 a week, also im on PIP high rate care and standard mobility. My question is i was just awarded my housing benefit today, and also the council tax benefit. My weekly council tax works out at £23 a week, they have awarded me £17 a week. That will work out i have to pay £25 a month myself? is that right ? I assumed i would only pay the bare minumin which in my old house was £5 a month. Im band B and its a1 bedroom flat and I live alone. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #237270 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Council tax benefit
AJ

I'm afraid we do not deal with Housing Benefit, etc on the forum.

Rates, discounts and disregards are set by the local authority so you need to get local face to face advice, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode or borough.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.