× Members

Time from DLA to PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #237330 by Hotspur
Time from DLA to PIP was created by Hotspur
Hello
I have just received notification that I need to apply for PIP. I am currently on DLA. I wonder if anyone can advise re time each part of the process takes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #237334 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Time from DLA to PIP
Hi Hotspur

You will have 28 days from the date on the notification letter in which to make your initial claim by telephone, or complete your paper claim form and return it to the DWP.

Once you have made the initial call the PIP2 form will be sent out to you. This takes 6 - 10 days to arrive.

You will have 4 weeks from the date on the letter (not the date it arrives) to return the form. You can ask for a 2-week extension if you need one and this is always granted. Some people have been granted a further 2 weeks, but you should not count on this as it is not standard practice.

After you have sent the form in - if you have given them a mobile number you will receive a text saying it has arrived.

You are likely to hear within 10 - 14 days about a face to face assessment. You have to be given 7 days notice in writing of a date. Your assessment might be anything from 7 - 14 days later depending on the availability of appointments.

After you have had the assessment, your assessment report should be loaded on the system within 48 hours and you can request a copy. (This time can vary)

Within 10 - 14 days you should receive notification of an award.

None of the timings I have given are set in stone.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hotspur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.