× Members

Extension for PIP application

More
5 years 1 month ago #237341 by Rebecca
Extension for PIP application was created by Rebecca
I was awarded DLA indefinitely 16 years ago, a few months back I was invited to apply for PIP, I rang them, started the application process and had to wait 5 weeks for the application to arrive. On the letter it stated that I had to submit my application by a certain date, this was in 2 weeks time, or my DLA would stop. 5 days before the deadline I received a letter form the DWP advising me that as they hadn’t received my application they were extending the deadline by 2 weeks. I hadn’t asked for this extension so thought it was very odd. Is she this standard? Do they extend the deadline even though I hadn’t requested an extension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #237342 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Extension for PIP application
Rebecca

Some claimants are considered to be at risk and can be given extra time to complete the form, I am guessing that you are marked on the DWP computer system as being one of these people.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #237345 by Rebecca
Replied by Rebecca on topic Extension for PIP application
Thanks for your quick reply, is this at risk of not being awarded PIP? Many thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #237347 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Extension for PIP application
Hi Rebecca

No it does not mean that, what it means is some people maybe classed by the DWP as vulnerable, “An individual who is identified as having complex needs and/or requires additional support to enable them to access DWP benefits”

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/259586/re...%20guidance.pdf.html

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.