× Members

Comparing PIP and ESA awards - any drawbacks?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237344 by alisp
Yesterday, someone mentioned the possibility of e.g. comparing and contrasting an ESA award with a PIP non-award for a PIP tribunal.

Given that we got our ESA award with no f2f and no questions asked, I was thinking it might be possible to compare the answers we gave for that with our PIP answers in our PIP appeal tribunal in order to point out any inconsistencies which might help our cause. But now I'm wondering - could this backfire on us? Could it cause the DWP to take another look at the ESA answers and award and change their minds? (Or am I just, understandably, paranoid?)

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237349 by Gary
Hi alisp

I frequently send ESA award letters as further support in PIP tribunals, as stated in other posts they are different.
You are correct when you say 'possible to compare the answers we gave for that with our PIP answers in our PIP appeal tribunal in order to point out any inconsistencies'
I have never known DWP to change their minds once an award has been made unless fraud is involved,
I would not say you were paranoid as there are lots of horror stories out there that make you stop and think.
Good luck

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: alisp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.