× Members

ESA support group

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237351 by CAW
ESA support group was created by CAW
Thanks to help from this wonderful group and Headway my son was awarded his Pip , after his transfer from DLA. (Despite many awful months that nearly pushed me over the edge) Some 6 - 7years ago, after transition from Incapacity Benefit to ESA (support group) he was awarded this with a paper based assessment. I have seen no documentation 're this (he lives on hiis own) I have asked him but because of the problems after head injuries, he gets confused, upset and won't talk about it. Won't check and I don't think he knows. Things can get chaotic at times as he ignores and refuses to discuss things if he feels he won't get the answer he wants. He is intensely private and can lose documents. Although he has "capacity" it can certainly fluctuate. I am wondering if he is still receiving ESA if (big if) I can manage a peek at one of his bank statements, would it show as ESA or in a different term? I would have to try and, discretely, work my way around bringing the subject up again. Your help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237352 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA support group
Hi CAW

Glad your son was awarded his PIP.

If you are able to see a bank statement it will appear as "Bank credit (his national insurance number) DWP EESA"

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.