× Members

PIP changed to ongoing Award

More
4 years 5 months ago #239331 by Dafne
PIP changed to ongoing Award was created by Dafne
I was awarded Enhanced rates for both care and mobility in January 2018 for 3 years thanks to your great guides giving me the courage to ask for a Mandatory reconsideration as i was originally awarded standard for both (i could never have done it without your help). This morning the dreaded brown envelope arrived and i thought wow they have sent my review form early as i was expecting it in January 2020 but to my delight the letter says they have looked at my PIP and have awarded me Enhanced for both care and mobility again for an ongoing period. The letter states it will contact me to see if my needs have changed after October 2029, I am in total shock as i am not a pensioner (56 yrs old) and my disability is on mental health grounds Agoraphobia, GAD, and social phobia which a lot of the time are not taken as serious as other health problems but are just as debilitating and very life changing, So once again i would like to thank you all on this site for all the help and hard work you put into helping people like myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239332 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP changed to ongoing Award
Hi Dafne

Many congratulations on your enhanced PIP award after a mandatory reconsideration. Great news to hear that is an ongoing award.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.