× Members

Days before the Appeal date a call from the DWP !

More
4 years 5 months ago #240499 by alisp
Wouldn't it be the case that if Amber did go to appeal the tribunal would have to ask her if she wanted to continue if they thought there was a chance of her getting a less advantageous award than the one she's been offered, or would that not apply in this exceptional case?

Congratulations anyway, Amber.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240544 by Amber
I have asked the length of award question and been told it for an indefinite period. The language used was it was for an ‘indefinite period, 10 years, they no longer do life awards’ It was confirmed that then if agreed the confirmation letter would say it was for an ‘ongoing period’ and they will probably get in touch with me in 10 years for what they call a soft touch but in the meantime I can get in touch with them if things change.
I have agreed the offer and here ends 18 months of hassle which has done my health NO good at all. I am aghast at the fact that they can say in November that they have reviewed my case days before an Appeal tribunal using an ESA claim I had just prior to my PIP re-assessment. The Health care professional also lied in her report. It just feeds into the thought that this whole process is a game. I do appreciate that care has to be taken in paying out public funds but there has to be a better way of dealing with human beings.

Thanks for your help and than goodness for Benefit and Works advise.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240566 by Gordon

alisp wrote: Wouldn't it be the case that if Amber did go to appeal the tribunal would have to ask her if she wanted to continue if they thought there was a chance of her getting a less advantageous award than the one she's been offered, or would that not apply in this exceptional case?

Congratulations anyway, Amber.

An offer is no more than that unless it is accepted and becomes a new Decision. Any offer the DWP might make s not binding on the Tribunal although I would expect most to apply it but they are under no obligation to warn a claimant if they decide not to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240567 by Gordon

Amber wrote: I have asked the length of award question and been told it for an indefinite period. The language used was it was for an ‘indefinite period, 10 years, they no longer do life awards’ It was confirmed that then if agreed the confirmation letter would say it was for an ‘ongoing period’ and they will probably get in touch with me in 10 years for what they call a soft touch but in the meantime I can get in touch with them if things change.
I have agreed the offer and here ends 18 months of hassle which has done my health NO good at all. I am aghast at the fact that they can say in November that they have reviewed my case days before an Appeal tribunal using an ESA claim I had just prior to my PIP re-assessment. The Health care professional also lied in her report. It just feeds into the thought that this whole process is a game. I do appreciate that care has to be taken in paying out public funds but there has to be a better way of dealing with human beings.

Thanks for your help and than goodness for Benefit and Works advise.

Very pleased for you, they have offered what is called an On-Going award, so no review for at least ten years and a Light Touch assessment when then they, although I cannot tell you what this means at the moment.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240605 by Amber
One imagines that the goal post might well change in the next 10 years maybe several times as Ministers for DWP come and go so I am mentally prepared for that. It certainly wouldn't surprise me but I will bathe in the hope that it I might get a break from proving my disabilities which frankly has been detrimental for my mental health and therefore a greater strain on NHS. I wonder what statistics pot my case gets put in. No doubt it will help the one on the National News last week that 69% of cases are won at appeal. Are there any stats for people who get offers days before the appeal?
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

More
4 years 5 months ago #240613 by Gary
Hi Amber

I can not say that I have seen any stats for people who get offers days before the appeal, you could do a freedom of information request to the DWP to see if they have any.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.