× Members

Phone call from PIP before Appeal

More
4 years 2 months ago #243374 by Rozm2004
Phone call from PIP before Appeal was created by Rozm2004
Hi
So I’m waiting for a pack for an appeal for PIP when this morning I received a phone call from a lovely lady from DWP who was looking at my case prior to sending out a pack,
She said that she has decided to award me enhanced rate for care and at the moment standard for mobility! She was so lovely and said she wanted to ask a few questions around my journey planning etc because she wanted to make sure she had all the facts and was hoping to give me more points,
I cried so much because I felt so overwhelmed and wasn’t expecting any of this ! She said she will call me back later with the final decision, I thought I was dreaming ha ha
But what I wanted to say was a massive thank you to this group especially Gordon as he has always been the one to answer my questions
I could not have done my appeal with out you all and the forum has been my inspiration and has kept me going when I’ve felt so helpless
Let’s hope it wasn’t a dream and she calls back again today like she said
Will keep you posted Xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243380 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Phone call from PIP before Appeal
Hi Rozm2004

Fingers crossed and that you get what you are hoping for, let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243390 by Rozm2004
Replied by Rozm2004 on topic Phone call from PIP before Appeal
Thanks Gary
So they rang back and have enhanced rate for both for 5 years so happy and didn’t have to attend any tribunal
Many thanks again

More
4 years 2 months ago #243393 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Phone call from PIP before Appeal
Hi Rozm2004

That really is terrific, congratulations and well done, you have at least 4 years before you go through the cycle again, it shows that they do employ humans at the DWP ;-)

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @MR @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243404 by Rozm2004
Replied by Rozm2004 on topic Phone call from PIP before Appeal
Hi Gary
Exactly the lady was so lovely I was overwhelmed this was my first time of applying and it hadn’t been easy but the lady today was so kind and apologised for the mistakes that had been made
Once again I couldn’t have done it with out the help from here and I am truly grateful Xxx

More
4 years 2 months ago #243435 by SUE C C
Replied by SUE C C on topic Phone call from PIP before Appeal
Hello Rozm2004
Congratulations & very well done you. I totally understand your emotional response to the “lovely lady from the DWP” it’s such a huge relief when you’re able to step off the benefit’s treadmill. Thank you very much for sharing your “ Lovely lady” & good news with us all here. Sue x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.