× Members

THANK YOU!!! DLA TO PIP ON PAPERS - HIGHER AWARD!

More
4 years 3 months ago #243693 by Thea
I've been using your wonderful website and Members guides since you began.

In August 2019 my ESA was re-assessed. No interview required and the decision was made on the papers alone; I was kept in the Support Group!

In October 2019 my DLA to PIP transition began. Once again, no interview and I was actually awarded a higher rate on care and I kept my enhanced mobility!

As you know the stress of the whole inhumane process is awful; moreso as you're trying to cope when in poor health. But following your guides to the letter, I managed to fill the forms in -a little every day - over a period of weeks. And it paid off in spades as I know they saved me from the further stress of interviews, mandatory considerations and appeals/Tribunals.

Thank you so very much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Devon idil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243696 by Gary
Hi Thea

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done. The members guides are very well written and I am pleased that you found them useful. Thank you for letting us know and giving hope to other forum members.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243703 by SUE C C
Hello Thea

Well done, what a relief for you. I'm still waiting for my DLA to PIP result and it's always nice to hear about the success of other members.

Sue
X

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #245280 by RTAward
I am perplexed how people get a award higher without an assesment. My pip has been processcing and with possibley the the worst health, and multiple organ damage I still have had to face the PIP assesment and my Occupational therapist was a Occupational Therapisr. No use. She stated in her lette I drive a car, so the DWP said well if you can drive you have the cpacity to look after yourself. If you persist in an appeal we will have to iinsisit the the DVLA take away your driving licence. My O.T on each and evry occsion has qustioned am how can I drive I have driven with my medical condition for 20 years but one hears that an OT is being used to remove drivers off the road, the very people that cant use public transport. My O.T is more like a CID invetigation officer. WHo does my gardening, How can you cook, what do you cook, what religion are you, do you eat meat? Can you have sex or have intrest in this. Then clearly your not depressed and should not be on high award, She cam around to say can was I happy with the report. I said can you omit the driving statement as the DWP use this to deney you a higher rate. She said no I cant, I am not going to lie. I said you are not lying but only not stating something. There is a difference. Welfare worker too have told me that the DWP will use this so you lose your driveing Licence or Higher award! DO not have get an OT involved. This ididot person said back pain and Fybo is a just a lazy person not wanting to work. I nealry beat her up!

More
4 years 2 months ago #245308 by Devon idil
Replied by Devon idil on topic THANK YOU!!! DLA TO PIP ON PAPERS - HIGHER AWARD!
RTAward
It’s massively frustrating whilst going through the process. I was recently given a fair award for my physical & neurological condition. I give my success in DLA/PIP transition largely to the guides on this site. I had a home assessment not expected, the HP was diligent & empathetic. I could have asked for a GP letter for paper based assessment, but in all honesty F2F gave an opportunity to fill in the blanks & explain how dangerous cooking, bathing etc is. I strongly felt a paper assessment could not express the day to day difficulty’s I have, also in my case it is visually evident I have neurological damage, could never get that across on paper. I went from a indefinite DLA award to ongoing PIP , so I keep my car (I do not drive) hubby is carer & chauffeur which is a blessing.
So mine is the other side of the coin & perhaps a different way to look at F2F assessment.
All the best

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
4 years 2 months ago #245314 by Bud
Congrats on your award Thea! It gives us hope.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.