× Members

UC

More
4 years 1 month ago #243821 by Anna
UC was created by Anna
Hello!

With this sites support I was able to complete my PIP and UC50 form. They were both renewals.

I was awarded the higher rate of PIP for 3 years, my brown envelope arrived 3/4 weeks ago.

I am still very anxiously waiting for a decision from UC, there has been word at all despite the deadlines being the same.

Does anyone know how long they take to make a decision? It’s been 11 weeks since the forms were submitted.

Thanks

Anna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243823 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic UC
Hi Anna

Congratulations on your PIP - that's great.

I'm afraid I can't give you any useful answer on Universal Credit as the decision times are varying so much. The only thing you can do is to ring and ask where they are with your claim. Some people have had an answer in 6 - 8 weeks and some considerably longer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anna

More
3 years 1 month ago #255343 by Deadpoet
Replied by Deadpoet on topic UC
Where do i start , im looking to complete my pip renewal i have learning difficulties even constructing a sentence is so hard how does someone like me convince in writing the help i require. Ive gone through the website dont know where all the useful information is kept.

More
3 years 1 month ago #255348 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic UC
Hello Deadpoet,

The useful information about PIP can be found here

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants

I personally think everyone needs support filling in these forms, regardless of their writing abilities. It is just so hard to do it for yourself. Have you tried contacting your local CAB to see if they help? Or if you have a friend or relative you trust ask them, and share the link above.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.