× Members

Thank you for helping me with my benefits journey

More
4 years 1 month ago #243983 by GONZALO
It has been a long arduous journey from IB , DLA, ESA, PIP and ultimately to Attendance Allowance at the age of 65. None of which would have been possible without your invaluable guides.I was " invited " to transfer from DLA to PIP in my 65th year and called for a face to face at a remote location. Due to my disabilities I decedid to opt out of the PIP process and my DLA payment was stopped. After my 65th birthday i applied for Attendance Allowance and was immediately given the higher rate needing care day and night .. The award did not
mention for how long it was for or that it was subject to review. In your experience is this a lifetime award? Your guidance has offered me the only security in a long journey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243989 by BIS
Hi Gonzalo

So glad you received your attendance allowance. It is not a lifetime award. It is a fixed-term award and is usually given for three years.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: GONZALO

More
4 years 1 month ago #244004 by Gary
Hi Gonzalo

Attendance Allowance may be awarded for a fixed period or indefinitely. If your award is for a fixed period, the Attendance Allowance Unit will invite you to make a renewal claim about four months before the end of your current award.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: GONZALO

More
3 years 10 months ago #248081 by GONZALO
This maybe my last message, for good reasons. I have been awarded AA indefinitely . At 66 I guess I can now rest in peace. Thanks to your invaluable guides i have been able over many years to navigate through the hostile benefits system. I shall continue to subscribe to support
your amazing organisation. My journey ends and I am very happy to have had your help and support. Thank you.

More
3 years 10 months ago #248086 by BIS
Hi Gonzalo

That's good to hear. Enjoy the peace free of benefit worries.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.