× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration SUCCESS!!!

More
3 years 8 months ago #250232 by SeanM
Holy **** I am elated!

Quick backstory: I had a phone assessment that went really bad. I asked the forum for help and was given some amazing advice to contact the appropriate people to raise a complaint. After looking at my options, I decided to raise it with my MP.

The MP sent over the letter and Capita responded essentially saying "Thanks for sending in an MR, we will take your comments into account" (and so on, it was very long). He (MP) was appalled at my situation and wanted to help as much as possible.

Fast forward 2 weeks, I woke up this morning to see nearly £3k in my bank account from the DWP.

I am absolutely elated by this. It's been nearly 10 months since the first claim! I've not actually received a letter yet, but doing some maths this would mean that I've been awarded the standard daily living component of PIP. That money is going straight back on my health and has made my life so much easier. For the first time in nearly a year I can relax and start planning ahead.

Although I feel that there is a possibility that I could be entitled to more, for now, I am going to leave it until my circumstances change. It's not worth the stress and the possibility of getting the entire thing removed. I'm awaiting some more diagnostic tests regarding my conditions and (I guess) at the time of review I'll put in additional evidence.

So, from the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Now it's time to work out the maze of Tax Credits and other things I'm now entitled to.

To those reading this, don't lose hope. The resources here are invaluable and helped me at every stage. The system is broken and needs reforming and we shouldn't have to go through this, but by far this has been the best money I've ever spent.

Again, thank you. I'm in bits right now xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250235 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory Reconsideration SUCCESS!!!
Hi INTD

Many congratulations. Lovely to hear your good news. I'm sure the letter will be following shortly.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #250236 by Nanny
Replied by Nanny on topic Mandatory Reconsideration SUCCESS!!!
Amazing news.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.