× Members

DLA to PIP and hearing loss

More
3 years 7 months ago #250400 by poppeyred
DLA to PIP and hearing loss was created by poppeyred
Fantastic news today!. My pip tribunal was to be held in April 2020, but was cancelled due to the pandemic. I asked for a paper hearing as I have been shielding due to my lung condition and I also have a hearing impairment which meant that I would struggle with a telephone hearing. I wrote a very detailed submission about my difficulties and it has been a long very stressful wait which has not been good for my health.

Today over 10 months later I finally received my award. I became very tearful with excitement and relief when I saw that I was awarded Enhanced for daily living and Enhanced for mobility, exactly what I thought I should have got. The Judge was so thorough, he picked up on all the medical evidence that the DWP chose to ignore and was totally sympathetic.

I was previously awarded standard for daily living and nothing for mobility. The physiotherapist assessor was not understanding about my hearing loss and the difficulties I encounter on a daily basis.

I am so happy and relieved that it is finally over with a great outcome.

I am a regular user of your site and am grateful for all the useful information that has really helped me. And I want people to know that they should never give up with this very flawed system.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250405 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP and hearing loss
Hi Eleni

Many, many congratulations on your good news. Absolutely wonderful. Well done for sticking with the stressful process. You will particularly give hope to other people who have hearing impairments. Over and over again, we learn that people are being disadvantaged in this area.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.