× Members

Pip Award

More
3 years 6 months ago #250927 by mrbluesky57
Pip Award was created by mrbluesky57
Always a great site, been a member for a few years. Good to see Gordon is still doing alot, deserves a knighthood. I've been awarded Pip, claimed in February, but still a huge relief. I'm still being paid dla, how long before PIP payments commence? Are they paid from the decision makers phone call? Once again they are saving Alot of claimants money by not back dating any increase in awards. It's been 5 weeks nearly is this normal. Be grateful for any clarification please. Just a huge relief but still stressed something will go wrong, not complaining. Many thanks once again, always use the site for updates. You do a great job in such severe circumstances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #250938 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Award
Hi Mrbluesky

Congratulations on your PIP award. You should soon receive a letter informing you when the switch is to be made - so no it doesn't get backdated. I'm surprised that you haven't already heard because I would have expected you to have been informed by now. Might be worth giving them a ring.

And you are absolutely right about Gordon, he does deserve a knighthood! Gary and I are in awe of what he has done.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, mrbluesky57

More
3 years 6 months ago #250943 by mrbluesky57
Replied by mrbluesky57 on topic Pip Award
Many thanks, I will wait till my next payment is paid. Just scares me to death to phone them. I was paid dla on Tuesday, so apologies it was 4 weeks the day before Monday. Along stressful wait since February. Got info off here, and a support worker. Very lucky to have had her help and all info on hear. The DM said she would send her decision to The DWP. Totally over worry that they will change it. Your all volunteers and do a great job. Gordon has been around since I've been a member, maybe 2012. Thank you once again. Take care.

More
3 years 6 months ago #250956 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Award
mrbluesky

You mention a Decision Maker's phone call, DMs do not usually phone the claimant when they make a Decision, are you sure that it was a DM and not an assessor? If it was an assessor then a Decision could easily take 12 weeks from the date of the call.

Your DLA remains in payment for a further four weeks once a Decision on your PIP claim is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #250973 by mrbluesky57
Hi, Gordon, good to hear from you once again. They contacted my support worker who had requested a paper review from dla to pip. She had put her contact number on claim form. Had one phone call from an accessory. Then another long wait, and another call with more questions. My support worker contacted my wife. She told her I had been awarded lower rate for both, which I am really grateful for. That her decision would be forwarded to the dwp. I was paid dla on Monday 7th August. I won't rest until I get the award letter. You have got me worried. The forms were completed in February. I am very lucky to have access, now by phone to someone who fills these forms in all the time. Hopefully she has got it right. Would a DM tell my support worker the outcome as she was down as contact. Thanks once again, I don't know how you've helped so many for all these years. True hero long before covid.

More
3 years 6 months ago #250974 by mrbluesky57
Hi Gordon, was getting stressed. My wife has spoken to my support worker. As usual you are totally correct, she has spoken to the assessor twice. The last call was a few questions. The assessor told my support worker she was satisfied to send the paperwork to the dla on her evidence. My support worker was 99% certain that wold be sufficient and she hadn't had a claim denied from an assessor. She said the same 8 to 12 weeks. So glad you have put me right once again. The DM doesn't make calls as you said. Least I know we're I stand now. Cannot thank you enough Gordon. A support worker is a big bonus, but your knowledge over the years is invaluable. Take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.