× Members

Does PIP back payment count as savings?

More
3 years 5 months ago #251889 by Jam
Hi,

With your help I have successfully been awarded PIP.

I was wondering, if there is ever a point my savings go over £6000 because of PIP or a back payment, does that affect my UC?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #251920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Does PIP back payment count as savings?
Jam

Many congratulations on the award, well done.

Any back payment should be disregarded for 52 weeks, although I would still contact the DWP office dealing with your UC claim to notify them of the payment, UC seems to be a lot less joined up with other benefits than what are now called the legacy benefits.

After the year the money will be treated as capital and will affect your UC if you are over the limit.

If you are referring to the payments that you will now receive, these should be disregarded for the payment period, normally four weeks for PIP but any money left over will then become capital.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.