× Members

Award Letter

More
3 years 6 months ago #252151 by Nnif
Award Letter was created by Nnif
I just wanted to post to give encouragement to people who are awaiting renewal of their reward.

My last award due to run out on January 9th. I didn't notice that I hadn't received the renewal form until around September 10th. At this point, I call the DWP for the form. After mucking me around for a couple of weeks I finally received the form on Saturday, September 19th. I sent it back recorded delivery on Monday 21st September and it was received on Tuesday 22nd September.

On the 30th of September, I received a letter informing me that I had been given an extension of 9 months. However this morning I received an award letter extending my award for another 3 years. To be honest. I was surprised as I have two new health conditions on my form so I fully expected to have to undergo at least a telephone assessment. (Though it could be that I avoided this as I was hospitalised for them twice in the last 12 months and provided discharge letters that this wasn't a factor).

Anyhow, the date of the award goes back to 8th October which means that they processed my form in 12 working days. So if you were like me waiting and worrying; please take heart in the fact that a quick turnaround is possible. I wish everyone else the same success.

Also thank again to the people here (both members and admin) for your advice and information. You are invaluable and a great source of comfort and support through what is a stressful process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252164 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Award Letter
Jennifer

Very pleased for you, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.