× Members

PIP outcome

More
3 years 6 months ago #252247 by lavernbrown
PIP outcome was created by lavernbrown
I just wanted to express my sincerest gratitude to Benefits and Work because without your comprehensive guides, I don’t think I would have achieved a successful outcome to my PIP application. My application was turned down following assessment and Mandatory Reconsideration; I was awarded zero point at both stages and I almost wasn’t going to appeal.
I have recently had my telephone appeal hearing and I didn’t even get the opportunity to present my case because the panel had already decided I was eligible for both components at standard rate, awarded for four years.
I’m still getting over the shock :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #252250 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP outcome
Hi LB

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations. It just goes to show do not give up, I know many claimants do give up.

Thank you for posting, it will give hope to members who are thinking about giving up especially if they are unable to get help to complete the relevant stages and the number of hoops they have to jump through. One would think this system was designed to put claimants off :unsure: :whistle:

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse

More
3 years 6 months ago #252264 by lavernbrown
Replied by lavernbrown on topic PIP outcome
Thank you Gary,

I can certainly understand why claimants so easily throw the towel in and things have become so much harder now because of the pandemic and the struggle to access welfare rights advice as many services remain closed.

My success has given hope to a friend who applied for PIP about 18 months ago and was turned down also, because they are going to apply again.

£19.95 for a years membership to Benefits and Work is my money well spent in my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.