× Members

Success thanks to this site

More
3 years 6 months ago #252581 by Susan
Success thanks to this site was created by Susan
I just wanted to thank this group for all the valuable resources that have helped me successfully claim my PIP. I have applied for PIP three times the first two were granted on appeal after a lot of stress etc. This one I used the resources and information available on here and although my condition hasn’t changed I got enhanced for both parts previously I only qualified for enhanced on living component. The letter also states they owe me back payments, but not why or how much. I really don’t care I am just elated that finally I have been able to explain in detail what my illness has done and continues to do to me on a daily basis. Keep up this amazing work. I just need to work out if I am eligible for a blue badge or not, why do they make the wording so hard to understand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252583 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Success thanks to this site
Hi Susan

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations.

Do you qualify for a blue badge?

You’ll be able to get a Blue Badge automatically if you:
* get the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
* get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ activity (check your decision letter if you’re not sure)
* get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored 10 points for Descriptor E under the ‘planning and following journeys’ activity (check your decision letter)
* are registered blind (severely sight impaired)
* get a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
* received a lump sum payment as part of the Armed Forces Compensation scheme and have a permanent and substantial disability that affects your walking.

If you’re not automatically eligible you may be able to get a Blue Badge in certain circumstances. For example, if:

* you can’t walk at all, or you can’t walk without help from someone else or using mobility aids
* you have a terminal illness, which means you can’t walk or find walking very difficult and have a DS1500 form
* you have a severe disability in both arms which means you have considerable difficulty operating parking meters
* you are always a significant risk to yourself or other people when you’re near vehicles, in traffic or car parks
* you often become extremely anxious or fearful of public or open spaces.

www.gov.uk/blue-badge-scheme-information-council

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris