× Members

Tribunal rules in our favour

More
3 years 4 months ago #254474 by interesteduser
Tribunal rules in our favour was created by interesteduser
I don't know where to write this. I wanted to let you all know that I followed all the guides on here to appeal my brothers award (he got nothing initially). His case went all the way to tribunal. The tribunal ruled in his favour even though I didn't attend. It took me days and days to prepare a response to the mandatory re consideration and to the tribunal using these guides. I went through all the areas of the report and used the guides to give evidence and examples of where their conclusions were not accurate. We couldn't attend because we were on holiday and that didn't go against us I'm relieved to say. However, out of all the stuff we submitted, apparently it was the personal written statement from me describing in ordinary words what I have to do to care for him which made the most impact. So don't shy away from you or your carer writing how your day really is. Once again thank you to the moderators who responded to my many queries as I needed help from them. .The annual subscription is so worth it. I've been a member a long time. He was awarded full care and full mobility. If I've posted this in the wrong place could admin move it for me please. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254478 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Tribunal rules in our favour
Hi interesteduser

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done. Absolutely delighted to hear that your brother has been awarded enhanced PIP for both components. Great news you must be relieved after putting in all the effort.

You have not posted in the wrong area, we are pleased that you found our guides useful.

Thank you for informing us, this will help other members to complete their forms especially if they do not have any medical evidence. We do tell forum members that personal written statements from someone who helps care does go a long way.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.