× Members

how many points for LCWRA

More
3 years 6 months ago #257303 by john
how many points for LCWRA was created by john
HI, Could anyone please tell me how many points are required to place someone in the LCWRA category. I've seen mention of 15, but is that for the whole questionnaire or for every question. I have twin girls with severe autism and I'm just trying to complete the paperwork for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salb125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #257308 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic how many points for LCWRA
Hi john,

Your full name is showing so you may wish to amend this.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/contact-and-help/registering#r11

I'm assuming you will be applying for UC. - LCWRA is limited capability for work related activity, and represents what used to be called support group for ESA.
Under ESA or UC you can get benefit for being too unwell to work - there is a Worck Capability Assessment (WCA)
The WCA test initially involves a questionnaire about various activities which might be reuired in a workplace, or are related to work, such as getting to work, or engaging with other people. There is a maximum of 15 points on each set of activities (descriptors) - 15 points comprises 'I can't do this at all' lesser points will reflect some difficulty and of course zero will be awarded if no problems.There are 2 sets of activities - one physical problems, one for mental health. As long as you can score 15 opr more points, you will have LCW or Ltd Capability for work. However, with LCW you will be expected to complete some work-related tasks as agreed with the DWP workcoach - if you don't then a sanction (benefit suspension) is likely.
Once 15 or more points have been achieved, there is a second set of activity questions - by and large these mirror the 15 point answers from the first lists of activities. It is yes or no - if you can't do the activity then you have LCWRA.

There are also some exemptions - either due to specific illness, such as terminal illness, or renal dialysis that can make you deemed to have LCW and LCWRA. In addition, and particularly if you can't reach 15 points on the first activities or fall within the second set, you can still be deemed to have LCW/LCWRA - you would need to show there is a substantial risk to your health or to someone else. This might include a serious allergy risk, where it was impossible to remove the commonplace allergen. It normally involves the sheer effort of working. or getting to work and the extra stress/fatigue/pain/anxiety etc that this may cause, bearing in mind that this will multiply as work progresses.

The members guides give plenty of information about this, and can be found;
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc

Are you a DWP appointee for your daughter/s? If not if you feel that either/both of your daughters lack proper understanding or ability to deal with DWP (forms/phone/online etc) then this may be something you should consider, as then you will be the contact point with DWP and can fill out forms or take calls etc on your daughter/s' behalf.

When filling out the forms please give examples - keeping a 'disability diary' is a great way of recording problems relating to WCA activities, and if done now, will be a great contemporaneous document should you ever need this later. (Diaries are explained in the guides further.)

I hope the above is of help. Good luck with your claims.

LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.