× Members

Thankyou so much for all your help and advice.

More
2 years 11 months ago #258785 by Carol
Today I called the DWP as I had my telephone assessment on 1st April and on your advice I requested a copy of the report which was actually a encouraging result . Despite that the anxiety of waiting for the decision was increasing so with my Daughters support I made the call. The young man on the phone was helpful and checked on the screen. He said a decision had been made on 23rd April and I've retained the enhanced rate on both daily living and mobility. He said a confirmation letter will arrive. The last award I had was for three years but my conditions have worsened and are now chronic. I asked him when would I need to have a review and he said both awards are ongoing. I'm not 100% sure how that works but I am so relieved and cried happy tears for a change. This process is so very stressful especially when people are so poorly already, I wish there was a better way for claimants. I'd like to thank all at Benefits and Work for all your help and advice and for everything you do for others in my situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #258786 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Thankyou so much for all your help and advice.
Hello Carol,

Happy tears are good – very good! And thank you for your kind words too. I will tag this post so that it is read in the nerve center of the site.

I fully agree with you about the process, I passionately hate it and the effect it has on people who are often already struggling with life.

I am really pleased you have news you hoped for. An ongoing award will only be reviewed once every 10 years, and it is almost certain to be a ‘light touch review’. Your award letter will confirm if this is the case.

You might find this link of some interest, since it gives some background to the light touch.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3857-dwp-...-light-touch-reviews

Catherine

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #258790 by Carol
That's very kind of you Catherine. My heart goes out to all going through this gruelling process, you feel like you have to justify everything and many of us worked for years until illness struck and those who have problems from a young age are put through such stress too. Many of us also have anxiety disorders or other mental health issues yet it not fully understood and sadly this whole process increases those difficulties. Of course I still won't completely settle until the confirmation letter arrives but I'm hoping that will be soon. I'm very grateful for the link. Thankyou again so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.